Thursday, July 11, 2013

Willy Waver

You often hear the guy truck drivers talk about that pretty girl who passed in the convertible and sometimes even about the girl who flashed her boobs at them. Well I guess I got my equivalent yesterday. There was this little red piece-of-shit SUV (I mean it looked like shit) who started to pass me then all of a sudden slowed down and stayed right next to my cab. I didn't look down at first. We were going through construction and I was concentrating more on staying off the concrete barriers to my right. I was getting irritated that this guy was hanging right there back and forth...apparently trying to get my attention. When I did finally look down all I could see was his lap and what he was waving at me. I acted like I was ignoring him and he took off and went on his merry way. Of course as soon as he was way up ahead and laughed my fool head off. Now granted...he actually had something there to be proud of, but it's never a good idea to distract a truck driver like that. But I still laugh when I think about it. So I got my very first Willy Wave. I doubt I'll see one again as it's much less common than a girl showing what she's proud of. But it did make me laugh on a day that I was not the happiest for me.


There's been a helluva lot of rain coming across Northern/Central Ohio lately. As I came across today I saw some of the damage from last nights storms. Broken trees and limbs all over. Small rivers turned into torrents. A golf course who's sand trap was

now a water traps and ditches that now become rivers themselves. I did read that there were 4 confirmed tornado's yesterday. Thankfully I have not heard anything about any deaths resulting from it. But I did worry about my daughter and furbabies at home as four nights in a row I got text message alerts of flash flood warnings in our town. 

So that's it for today...unless I remember something later. Let me leave you with this pic I took earlier today that I found breathtaking at the time. It was as I was leaving today's receiver. Stay safe out there!




No comments:

Post a Comment