Thursday, July 25, 2013

Ouch! That hurt!

Okay...I've been a little lax on the postings here recently. Sorry about that. Been a lot going on in my mind that wasn't truck related. 

Weekend before last my youngest son was home for the weekend to visit. I had informed my dispatcher of this and he was only going to be there for two days...Saturday & Sunday. So what does the dispatcher do? He puts me on a run on Saturday. I was upset and only got more and more pissed as Friday night went on. I picked up the load I was scheduled to carry to Lordstown, OH the next morning and I kinda blew my top. I drove that load right down to Sidney and sent in a Qualcomm message that I was resigning. Night dispatcher pulled a good one and got me switched around to carry and empty down to Cincinnati and back to get my ass home. See that little period at the end of my sentences? That's how close I was to leaving the job. Never get between me and one of my kids. And that's what he had done. I'm not gonna play that game. Anyway...of course I thought we had it all resolved...I wasn't quitting. And that following week was my paid vacation but I was only taking part of it off. But guess what? They were quick to notify the departments that I had tendered a resignation but forgot to tell them that I had rescinded that. So when I came back in to my truck on Thursday it had been completely cleaned out. Logs didn't know that I was staying. So apparently only a few people really knew. ::sigh::

Oh yes...and when I was home that weekend...I had a letter waiting for me from the company giving me a first and only notice that if I used more than 10 gallons a fuel idling that I would be charged for every gallon over that 10 (whatever the going rate for fuel per gallon is). So really...who cares if I sit in a truck with the temps registering 104 deg. heat index outside and not allowed to idle to keep cool. Who cares that it's hard as hell to sleep when you're pouring sweat and soaking your mattress.

beeeeep....beeeep....beeeep...We interrupt this blog post to bring you this breaking news.
Tonight at the Flying J in Washington Courthouse, OH we have just witnessed a truck stop parking lot accident. Crete driver in truck number 85144 just backed into a flatbedder who was taking his 10 hours break...twice. Yes folks...he did it TWICE! He backed into him once...pulled up and did it again. According to witness on the other side of the Crete driver he also took out the corner & headlight of the other truck he was pulling in next to.

Want to know why I've never backed into anyone? Because I'm PARANOID! Paranoid about hitting someone. There is a VERY good reason why G.O.A.L. (Get Out And Look) is drilled into our heads in truck driving school. Tonight is a perfect example of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment